3D design acceleration began in the "box-on-desk" deployment model, with applications running on a workstation. Scaling a design team meant adding a designer and investing in another 3D graphics workstation for them. Workflows kicked off rendering jobs over lunch or at the end-of-day for overnight runs, followed by changes and more rendering. This 1:1 coupling between designer and workstation has limited scalability and made remote work difficult.
NVIDIA Omniverse Enterprise changes the 3D design scalability and remote work equation. It enables collaboration for creative teams on enterprise 3D visualization projects like never before. This new technology reduces costs and waste by enabling a simultaneous workflow, maximizes creativity by allowing new iterations without opportunity cost, and accelerates time to production by eliminating import-export workflows. Highlights of the Omniverse architecture:
- Rendering builds on advanced NVIDIA RTX™ accelerated real-time ray-tracing technology and adds dynamic allocation of graphics processing unit (GPU) cores, even from separate machines, for rendering jobs.
- Collaborative scene composition is enabled by Pixar's Universal Scene Description (USD), an extensible, opensource file framework that allows the interchange of 3D assets.
- NVIDIA Omniverse™ Nucleus database and collaboration engine manage data such as geometry, lights, materials, textures, and more for defining a virtual "world" in and around a design, including its environment.
- NVIDIA Omniverse™ Connect allows 3 rd party client applications access to the Nucleus database using publishsubscribe messaging, letting many designers author live changes that everyone connected sees in real-time.
- NVIDIA Omniverse™ Kit is a toolkit for lightweight plugins building applications and microservices.
- NVIDIA Omniverse™ Create enables world-building, using advanced USD workflows such as layers, variants, instancing, animation caches, and more.
- NVIDIA Omniverse™ View lets non-technical users review 3D content interactively in full, photorealistic fidelity
Browse our range of servers and workstations designed for Omniverse Enterprise here.